From Shakespeare’s sonnets to the Black Country’s industrial transformation, our English Heritage tour touches on some of the key characters, places and moments in the country’s history. Beginning with Stratford-upon-Avon, the quaint Tudor town that was home to Britain’s beloved Bard, you’ll be exploring England’s rural heart, enjoying the picturesque country landscapes and traditional towns and villages as we go.
In Stratford, you’ll have the chance to tour several of Shakespeare’s homes, including the building in which he was born and raised. We’ll also be boarding a fully accessible boat for a relaxed cruise down the River Avon and you’ll have time to explore the town at your own pace, too.
You’ll enjoy a day out in the Cotswolds, visiting the beautiful Bourton-on-the-Water and touring its highly-regarded Motor Museum while we’re there. With its peaceful atmosphere, traditional cottages and winding rivers, the village is regularly voted one of the prettiest in the UK and is a real pleasure to explore. We’ll also be heading to the immersive Black Country Museum - an open-air recreation of industrial Britain that will transport you back in time with its period details and remarkable authenticity.
Your accessible Midlands hotel has been hand-picked by the Limitless Team for its superb location and excellent disabled facilities. A Limitless Travel representative will accompany the tour group throughout the holiday, providing assistance whenever required and ensuring you receive the support you need.
Stratford Upon Avon
- Discover the honey-stone cottages of the Cotswolds, explore Shakespeare’s birthplace and visit his homes, cruise down the Avon, learn about industrial history at the Black Country Museum and tour the Bourton-on-the-Water Motor Museum
- Stay in fully accessible, four-star accommodation in the Midlands
- Travel via an accessible coach equipped with a hydraulic lift or ramp
- Group support included as standard and provided by our experienced care team
- Supplementary care packages available for travellers who require additional assistance
- We’ll also help to arrange any specialist equipment you need while on holiday
- Every holiday led by a Limitless Tour Manager to ensure a problem-free trip
From booking your holiday to returning home after a wonderful trip, the Limitless Team is on-hand to provide you with the support you need. If you have any questions regarding the holiday, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Travel and Settling In
Shakespeares Houses and River Avon Cruise
After a spot of lunch, we’ll take to the water for a fully accessible cruise down the River Avon and past the Royal Shakespeare Theatre. A great day out for anyone interested in English literature and history!
A Day Out in the Cotswolds
As well as enjoying plenty of time to explore the village at your own pace, we’ll also tour the local Motor Museum and immerse ourselves in the world of vintage motor vehicles. There’ll be a lunch stop at one of the many idyllic cafes overlooking the river and then the opportunity to pick up some souvenirs in the local shops and boutiques. At the end of the day, we’ll head back to the hotel for our excellent evening meal.
Black Country Museum
From picking up penny sweets from the museum’s Olde Sweet Shoppe to learning a thing or two about education in the schoolroom, you’re sure to love every moment of this historic adventure.
Until Next Time
Dates & Prices
|Day StartStart - End||Day EndEnd||Price Per AdultAdult Price||Price Per ChildChild Price||Days||Enquire|
|6 September 202206/09/2022 - 10/09/2022||10 September 202210/09/2022||From £1099.00||From £599.00||5||Enquire Now|
Other Coach Holidays, New Releases, 2022 Holidays or UK Holidays
You’ll be staying in a fully accessible, four-star hotel on the outskirts of Tamworth. Featuring accessible public spaces and bedrooms, as well as wet room bathrooms, the hotel is the perfect base for exploring the Midlands. The excellent, in-house restaurant will serve up a delicious three-course meal every evening and the hotel’s spacious gardens are a delight to discover.
- Four-star, disabled-friendly hotel
- Wheelchair accessible bedrooms
- Accessible bathrooms and wet rooms
- Fully accessible public spaces throughout the hotel
- Spacious gardens
- Licensed bar and restaurant
- Free WiFi throughout the hotel
All of our vehicles are 100% accessible for wheelchair users and those with limited mobility. They are fitted with either a ramp or a hydraulic lift and wheelchairs can be clamped into place, so there’s no need to transfer out of your wheelchair if that’s where you’re more comfortable. Travellers who do not use a wheelchair are also welcome to use the ramp or lift to access the coach.
- Hydraulic lift or ramp
- Safety clamps to secure wheelchairs into place
- No need to transfer from your wheelchair
- Hold space for manual wheelchairs
Make an Enquiry
Like and Share
If you like the look of this tour, why not share it with your friends and family using the buttons below?
Click here to continue browsing through our holidays.