About Manchester Art Gallery
As one of the country's most prestigious art museums, Manchester Art Gallery is an exciting visit for those interested in a wide variety of art forms. Containing examples of costume, contemporary and fine art, jewellery, ceramics and furniture, the Gallery is home to work from around the world and welcomes roughly 500,000 visitors through its doors every year.
However, the Gallery really excels when it comes to its collection of Victorian era art, particularly its pre-Raphaelite and Victorian decorative works. It has also strived to make its exhibitions and activities enjoyable for visitors of all ages, with interactive workshops, studio spaces and resources for families and other interested guests.
- It is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair hire is available.
- There are some accessible toilets
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- There are described guides
- There are descriptive tours
- Induction loops are used throughout
- Some staff are trained in British Sign Language
- Large print material is available
- There is pushchair accessibility