About Manchester Museum
As the UK's largest University museum, Manchester Museum is not only an incredibly popular tourist attraction, but also at the forefront academic research and teaching. Housed amongst Oxford Road's impressive neo-Gothic architecture, it contains nearly 4.5 million items from around the world and is primarily dedicated to the fields of natural history, archaeology and anthropology.
It will be of particular interest to those fascinated by the Ancient Egyptians, the history of coinage and pre-historic life, though its scope reaches far beyond these narrow boundaries.
- It is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair hire is available.
- Some staff are specifically trained to deal with disabilities
- There are some accessible toilets
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- Some staff are trained in British Sign Language
- Large print material is available
- There is Braille material
- There is pushchair accessibility