About Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum
Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum is the most visited attraction in the UK outside of London for good reason. With a collection of 9000 pieces, it houses some of the finest examples of European artwork anywhere in the world. Spanning the art of the Old Masters, Dutch Impressionists, Scottish Colourists and a number of prominent Glasgow based artists, it has something for everyone. It also contains a number of exhibitions on natural history, Ancient Egypt, Scottish history and archaeology.
Located on the site of the old Kelvingrove mansion, the new building was designed specifically for the housing of museum exhibits and has now been open for more than a century. Over the years, it has become as much an attraction as the exhibitions themselves and its 'Spanish Baroque' styling makes it a unique and impressive place to visit.
- It is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair hire is available.
- Some staff are specifically trained to deal with disabilities
- There are some accessible toilets
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- There is subtitled media
- Induction loops are partially used
- Large print material is available
- There is Braille material
- There is pushchair accessibility