About St Fagans: Natural History Museum
St Fagans is one of Wales' most popular heritage attractions and provides a fascinating insight into Welsh history. The open-air museum is located on the outskirts of Cardiff and consists of just over 40 buildings spread out over the grounds of St Fagans Castle. A wide variety of exhibits tell the story of the country's people, culture, and architecture, with a particular focus on rural life in the past.
In recent years, additions have been made in order to include information about changes that occurred in this way of life due to the growing importance of industrialisation in the Welsh economy and way of life. Regularly voted the best attraction in Wales, it will entertain visitors of all ages and interests.
- Attraction is only partially wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair hire is available.
- Wheelchair accessible baby changing facilities
- Some staff are specifically trained to deal with disabilities
- There are some accessible toilets
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- Induction loops are partially used
- Large print material is available