About Mayflower Theatre
The Mayflower Theatre, previously known as the Gaumont, is Southampton's most impressive theatre and the largest on the south coast. The Grade II listed building houses 2,300 seats and brings a diverse range of shows, including musicals, dance, opera, drama and ballet, to an appreciative audience. Many of the shows performed are touring exports from the West End and the Theatre has presented a number of box office hits over its 80 year history.
The building has become an important part of Southampton's cultural fabric and continues to attract large audiences, despite tales of a ghost that haunts the auditorium and backstage area.
- It is wheelchair accessible
- Some staff are specifically trained to deal with disabilities
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- There are described guides
- There is pushchair accessibility
- Carers go for discounted prices
- There are concessionary prices