About Edinburgh Castle
This impressive fortress sits above the historic and incredibly beautiful city of Edinburgh on the Castle Rock and can trace its origins back to the 12th Century. Though the buildings have experienced many renovations and improvements over the years, that history is still there for all to see and its fascinating story continues to attract well over a million visitors a year.
Hosting a wide range of events and activities throughout the year, and providing the backdrop to life in the city, Edinburgh Castle remains a relevant attraction for all ages and an important part of Scottish heritage.
- Attraction is only partially wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair hire is available.
- Scooter hire is available
- Wheelchair accessible baby changing facilities
- Walking frame hire not available
- All toilets are accessible
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- There are descriptive tours
- Large print material is available
- There is Braille material
- Carers go free