About V&A:Victoria & Albert Museum
The V&A is the largest museum in the world dedicated to the decorative arts and design. Founded in 1852, it boasts a permanent collection of over 4.5 million objects that spans 5,000 years of art from across the globe. The Museum aims to enrich he lives of all that visit it by increasing the understanding, appreciation and enjoyment of many of the objects we take for granted in our everyday lives.
With some of the most impressive collections anywhere in the world, it continues to expand and develop and the Museum began a £150 million renovation in 2001 that introduced new galleries, gardens and visitor facilities.
- It is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair hire is available.
- Scooter hire is not available
- Walking frame hire available
- Some staff are specifically trained to deal with disabilities
- All toilets are accessible
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- There are described guides
- There are descriptive tours
- There is subtitled media
- Induction loops are used throughout
- Some staff are trained in British Sign Language
- Large print material is available