About Buckingham Palace
As the official London residence of the British Monarchy, Buckingham Palace is one of the biggest and most visited attractions in the UK. A central feature in many national events, it has seen Kings and Queens come and go and been a focus at times of historical and national importance. Crowds have often gathered at its gates to celebrate the birth of new members of the Royal Family, to mourn the passing of important figures and to show solidarity during difficult times.
Today, the Palace is open for tours, allowing visitors to experience the grandeur and beauty of the building, as well as a variety of exhibitions that include the Palace's art collection, memorabilia and the story of the Royal Family.
- It is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair hire is available.
- Scooter hire is not available
- Walking frame hire available
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- There are described guides
- There are descriptive tours
- Induction loops are used throughout
- Large print material is available
- There is pushchair accessibility