About Royal Opera House
The Royal Opera House is the home of the Royal Opera, the Royal Ballet and the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House, and is the most prestigious venue of its type in the country. Seating an audience of 2,256, it aims to bring the arts of opera and ballet to a large audience, engaging those that may not otherwise experience the joys of such performances.
The building itself has been rebuilt twice, on both occasions as a result of damaging fires, but is now a completely modern venue, complete with new technical and rehearsal facilities, a public arena in which patrons can enjoy a variety of foods and beverages and a smaller performance space for more experimental productions. The Royal Opera House has become a fantastic venue to visit, providing an exciting and interesting experience that will delight fans of lyric theatre.
- It is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair hire is not available.
- Scooter hire is not available
- Walking frame hire not available
- There is a drop-off point by the entrance
- All toilets are accessible
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- Induction loops are used throughout
- Some staff are trained in British Sign Language
- Large print material is available