About Shakespeare's Globe
Shakespeare's Globe is a modern reconstruction of William Shakespeare's famous Globe Theatre. Opened in 1997, it is set on the south bank of the River Thames and has been lauded for its realistic design and construction, as well as its attempts to recreate the atmosphere of the theatre on which it is based. Founded by Sam Wanamaker, the theatre is dedicated to the interpretation, exploration and performance of Shakespeare's works and has excelled in bringing an enormous number of productions to modern audiences.
Whether you're a Shakespeare aficionado or simply excited to see the Bard's plays in their original environment, the Globe is a great place to visit.
- Attraction is only partially wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible baby changing facilities
- All toilets are accessible
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- There are described guides
- There are descriptive tours
- There is subtitled media
- Induction loops are used throughout
- Some staff are trained in British Sign Language
- There is pushchair accessibility