About Westminster Abbey
This beautiful Gothic landmark in the centre of London contains an incredible amount of history and has become one of the most recognisable buildings in the United Kingdom. It is the traditional coronation and burial sight of English and British monarchs and there have been a number of spectacular royal weddings within its walls.
Founded in the 10th Century, the Abbey has gone through a number of incantations and has been rebuilt and repaired more than once over the years. Visitors will find its atmospheric interior a wonder to behold and its position as one of the most important places of worship in the country makes it an essential insight into religion's role in the region.
- Attraction is only partially wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair hire is available.
- Scooter hire is not available
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- Induction loops are used throughout