About The National Portrait Gallery
As one of the most popular art museums in the UK, the National Gallery has grown from a modest collection of 38 paintings to an internationally recognised gallery that now houses over 2000 paintings. Located in the heart of London and overlooking the impressive and historical Trafalgar Square, the Gallery welcomes around 6 million visitors a year through its doors and has become an iconic part of the British cultural landscape.
Containing paintings dating from the 13th Century and running all the way to 1900, it is an essential addition to any art enthusiast's itinerary but also remains captivating and enjoyable for those with only a passing interest in art, painting and portraiture.
- It is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair hire is available.
- Scooter hire is not available
- There is not a drop-off point by the entrance
- Folding seats are not available
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- Induction loops are used throughout
- Carers go free
- There are concessionary prices