About British Museum
Over a period of 230 years, the British Museum has become one of the most renowned museums in the world and home to a permanent collection of around 8 million works. Located in the centre of London, the museum welcomes around 6 million visitors a year and plays an important role in preserving the history, art and culture of societies from all over the globe.
It charges no admission fee and is constantly circulating through a diverse range of temporary exhibits. The British Museum also provides a number of educational, skill-sharing and training initiatives, for those interested in taking their learning experience one step further.
- It is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair hire is available.
- Scooter hire is not available
- Non-wheelchair accessible baby changing facilities
- There is not a drop-off point by the entrance
- All toilets are accessible
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- Induction loops are used throughout
- There is pushchair accessibility
- Carers go free
- There are concessionary prices